Formosan subterranean termite control is a multi-prong and long-term effort. The biology and habits of Formosan subterranean termites make them particularly difficult, but not impossible to control.
Control for an Active Infestation:
- Exterior soil treatment around perimeter of home with registered termiticide as a barrier to subterranean colony
- Install termite monitor and bait system to reduce colony size over time.
- Repair damaged wood.
- Monitor and remove infested landscape plants.
- Fumigation may be recommended if the structure is also harboring drywood termites. (Fumigation alone will not kill a Formosan subterranean termite colony.)
Prevention for Properties at Risk:
- Install termite monitor and bait system as a preventative measure.