Pest Control for Spiders in San Diego
Expert Spider Control Near You!
Spider Control in San Diego | Spider Pest Control
Are you worried about spiders getting into your home? Spiders are some of the most common household pests in San Diego, CA, and can be a serious nuisance for homeowners. They make their way into your home through cracks and gaps, and their webs are unsightly and difficult to remove. Some species of spiders can also pose a risk to the health and safety of you and your family.
Thrasher Pest Control has you covered. Our expertly trained pest control technicians will protect your home and take care of your spider problems in the San Diego area.
Preventative Measures for Spiders
To prevent spiders from getting in, service from Thrasher Pest Control is your best option. Some other preventative measures for spiders in the San Diego area include:
- Removing cobwebs/spiderwebs from your home whenever you spot them (Thrasher alwasy includes web dusting as part of our spider service.)
- Cleaning up piles of leaves or wood near your house
- Installing screens on your doors and windows
- Sealing any possible entry points for the spiders
Types of Spiders in San Diego
While there are many different species of nuisance spiders in and around your home, there are just three species of venomous spiders in San Diego, all of which can be taken care of through treatments from Thrasher Pest Control. These spiders include:
- Black Widow spiders: the most infamous venomous spider, the adult females have a venomous bite. These spiders are roughly half an inch long, and are black with a red hourglass on their abdomen. Black widows make messy nests under patio furniture, children's play structures, and empty flower pots--any nook that is confined and relatively dark.
- Brown Widow spiders: these spiders, similar to black widow spiders, also have an hourglass shape on their abdomen, but orange instead of red. These spiders are a mottled tan color, and have a powerful, venomous bite.
- Desert Recluse spiders: not to be confused with the Brown Recluse, these spiders are a light tan color, with long, wiry legs and small abdomens. These spiders typically are found in desert areas of East San Diego County.
Professional Spider Control Services in San Diego, CA
If you have a spider infestation in your home, it is time to call in the professionals. Thrasher Pest Control offers comprehensive spider control services in San Diego, CA, using proven and effective methods to eliminate spiders and prevent future infestations.
The first step is to give us a call at 619-955-5121 to get an estimate. One of our local San Diego pest control technicians will inspect your property, treat the affected areas, and provide recommendations for prevention to keep spiders away!
Year-Round Pest Control Treatments
Professional Pest Control treatments are very effective at getting rid of your spider problem, as well as eliminating other types of pests. Spiders feed on insects, so regular pest control treatments targeted at insects also works as a form of preventative spider control. Our year-round pest control services covers the most common San Diego insect pests: Argentine ants, Little black ants, Odorous house ants, Pavement ants, Pharaoh ants, Thief ants, Carpet beetles, Centipedes, American cockroaches, Field cockroaches, Oriental cockroaches, House crickets, Field crickets, Jerusalem crickets, Mole crickets, Earwigs, Grasshoppers, Mosquitoes, Millipedes, Scorpions, Silverfish, Sowbugs (Pillbugs), Spiders (inc. Black Widows), Springtails, Paper wasps, Mud daubers.
FAQ about Spider Control
1. How do I know if I have a spider infestation in my home?
Signs of a spider infestation include webs, egg sacs, and spider sightings.
2. Are spider bites dangerous?
Spider venom can cause health problems. Children under the age of 6, people over the age of 60, and those with cardiovascular disease face higher risk from a venomous spider bite.
3. Can I use DIY methods to get rid of spiders in my home?
While DIY methods like essential oils and other remedies may offer some relief, they may not be effective in completely eliminating a spider infestation. It's best to call in a professional pest control service for effective and long-lasting results.
4. Is spider control safe for pets and children?
At Thrasher Pest Control, we pride ourselves on offering kid and pet-friendly pest control. We use low risk methods to eliminate spiders and other pests from your home. Just ask your technician about treatment options.
5. How often should I schedule spider control services?
The frequency of spider control services depends on the severity of the infestation and the risk of future infestations. It's best to consult with your Thrasher Pest Control technician for a personalized recommendation.